Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Quiet Strength!



I chanced upon this TV programme while I was having my earlier than usual dinner last night.

I knew Media Corp has been sending a colourful bus to this estate about a month but I wasn't sure what kind of programme they were producing.

When I was watching till 19:19, I saw Grace and many things flowed thru my mind.

Grace and my youngest daughter, Jada , are just born just 11 days apart.

While they were infants, they would always bumped into each other at the Kim Pong playground.

They were just regular infants growing up in the hood.

About 3 years ago, I've moved out of my Kim Pong flat to another part of Tiong Bahru and later move again to yet another part of Tiong Bahru. And I only get to see Mary (Grace's mother) during my hurried walks from appointments to appointments.

We could not really make any meaningful conversation during those short interactions.

I guess I had the mentality that I could always catch up when I have the time.

Watching Grace on TV made me realised that time and tide waits for no Man!

Grace has grown so much and she is such a beautiful and adorable girl now!

Grace suffers from abnormal energy metabolism due to a congenital disorder and it affects her brain development. At the moment, she is still unable to walk and speak and most of the time, she is immersed in her own world.

Grace also requires a strict Ketogenic diet and could only drink a special milk formulae which cost $100 a tin!

Only a strong willed and close knitted family could survive this and still ooze the kind of unexplainable joy and serenity!

If you every bumped into Mary and Alex on the street, you would have no idea what they are going through! There are no dark clouds floating above their head! This speaks alot about their mental strength!

Next time you see this family walking around the hood (usually at the post war side), say something encouraging to them. I'm sure it would mean a lot to them.

To me, they are not only a HERO to Grace but to the community here in Tiong Bahru!




Click on 19:19 to jump straight to the section on Grace
 
 
 
 
 
 
2 Corinthians 12:9

2 comments:

Dhenz Nogara said...


An impressive share! I've just forwarded this onto a coworker who had been doing a little homework on this. And he actually ordered me dinner simply because I discovered it for him... lol. So let me reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending the time to discuss this issue here on your website. SBOBET

Unknown said...

Indeed they are lovely lovely people!