Thursday, March 6, 2008

New "Enhancement"

This rustic laid back image has been erased forever.

For the whole of last week, I was wondering why there were so much hacking and drilling activities and I thought a new neighbour was renovating their place.

It was only when I was walking to the Tiong Bahru Market that I spotted some workers along this pavement. I thought they were repairing the drains or just doing some resurfacing of the walkways as there were some cracks along the pavement.

Perhaps someone complained about those cracks as it made roller blading a little bit more challenging.

Anyway, I walked off thinking that it was just some routine maintenance undertaken by the Tanjong Pagar Town Council who responded to some of the resident's frivolous request.
Saw this yesterday while on the way to Eng Watt Street. So not only did the town council made this pavement a better place to roller blade, they made it a nicer place to roller blade as well!

I hope this "enhancement" will quell all talks about this place being en-bloc in the near future.

By the way, I do not know how to roller blade and I am hoping to learn it someday. Yes, someday.

1 comment:

hanswurst said...

After having finished the surface a week ago I suddenly heard the noise of drilling again yesterday and was shocked to see the entire path converted to rubble this morning. I went down to ask the workers what was going on and they said "Bad cement, bad cement". Well, at least they seem to fix their mistakes right away