Kelvin Ang has just emailed out to every possible residents within the Tiong Bahru Estate to keep them in the loop about this important up-coming meeting to discuss about the repainting issues:
Dear Neighbours and Friends,
UPDATE ON THE TIONG BAHRU PAINT SCHEME
1. I am pleased to inform all of you that the Tanjong Pagar Town Council will be, and is pleased to be organizing a session for the paint consultant to share their thinking behind their current paint schemes, as well as to provide a platform for all other residents to share their thoughts and ideas on the current schemes up for voting, and also alternatives suggestions that they might have developed that they would like to share with other residents. (for possible re-voting)
2. All residents of the Pre- and Post-War SIT estate are welcome to attend. The Town Council will also be inviting the members of the Seng Poh Residents Committee to the sharing session.
3. Tiong Bahru CC at Eu Chin Street is the host and venue of the sharing session, and the details are as follows:
Date: 6 September 2008, Saturday
Time: 1pm to about 2.30 pm
Venue: Tiong Bahru Community Centre, Conference Room
(ground floor, just after the entrance at the Tiong Poh Road Entrance)
4. A lap-top and projector will be provided by the CC, and those of you who wish to share your ideas are welcome to present them in a short computer presentation, e.g. Powerpoint, of no more than 5 minutes.
5. If you do wish to share your ideas, do let me know by 30 August, so that I am able to collate the information for the CC to help in planning the event.
6. Please also do think through if you have suggestions/preferences on the following:
a. Voting system – some have mentioned that it may be better to ask residents to rank their top 3 choices instead of just having to choose 1, as there would be more consensus on the final chosen scheme,
b. Whether the option of retaining the existing scheme should be one of the options, and
c. Whether if you prefer the Pre- and Post War estate to have the same colour scheme instead of 2 different schemes.
7. We would also appreciate if you could spread the word to those of your other friends and neighbours who would be interested and would like to attend the meeting on the day. It would be a great chance to get to know both old and new neighbours!
8. And, please RSVP by 2nd September 2008, by emailing to me
9. Thank you one and all for your interest in the 'hood!