Within the Tiong Bahru Estate, there is a street where there are no parking lots for non-Tiong Bahru residents.
All the parking lots are painted red there. (Red coloured lots are meant for residents with a valid parking label)
This has perhaps made that street a little more "exclusive" as it seems like there are more parking lots available here than the residents who drives.
Here's the history bit :
Eng Watt Street is named after See Eng Wat, a Malacca-born merchant.
A native of Zhangpu, Fujian, he was the second son of Si Hoo Keh.
He founded Eng Wat, Moh Guan & Bros Co in 1859 with ships plying between Singapore and Xiamen.
He was a Chinese pioneer in shipping line.
He was also one of the founders of a Chinese free school known as Chui Eng Si E in Amoy Street.
A Fujian community leader, he died in 1884.